Adam Goldfein (the host of Autoscoop, Lawyer Talk, and the Adam Goldfein radio show) interviews personal injury attorney Richard Griffin about Atlanta personal injury claims.
Adam Goldfein first asked attorney Richard Griffin about what to do if you are involved in a motor vehicle accident. Car accident lawyer Richard Griffin responded with the following:
(1) Always call police: This will make sure that you will be able to prove the other driver was at fault and will make sure you will be able to know that defendant’s auto insurance information.
(2) Get witness info: This is very important. Often negligent drivers will admit they were at fault at first, but they may later change their story and blame you. If you cannot prove who was at fault, then you cannot recover for your personal injury claim. This is because it is the plaintiff who bears the burden of proving liability to a jury before any damages can be recovered.
(3) Take photo of scene: Photographs of the damage to all vehicles involved and of the position of the vehicles can be very helpful in establishing your case. If there are no witnesses, then taking photographs of the position of the cars may be the only way to prove your case. Property damage of all vehicles involved helps establish the severity of the impact.
(4) Get the medical treatment you need: If you need emergency medical treatment, then get it. If you do not need emergency medical treatment, then make sure you seek out the medical treatment you need to begin the healing process and to document your injuries.
(5) Call an experienced personal injury lawyer: Our Griffin Law Firm attorneys have had great success handling thousands of personal injury claims since 1994. We can answer your legal questions and guide you through the process from beginning to end to make sure your case ends with a recovery that fully compensates you for your Atlanta personal injury claim.
Why call an attorney early? The adjusters will be investigating the claim as soon as possible to defend the claim. You need to have your personal injury lawyer investigate the claim with the goal of documenting your case to make sure you have the evidence you need to win. Hiring an attorney will also result in a higher recovery. The insurance companies did a study that found that personal injury claimants with an attorney receive on average 3.5 times more than those who represent themselves. Attorney Richard Griffin has many cases where hiring him has resulted in even greater increases in recoveries for his clients.
How can you get a free consultation? You can call Attorney Richard Griffin at 877-PAIN-LAW or submit your case for a free settlement evaluation at www.877painlaw.com. Adam Goldfein suggests that you put 877-PAIN-LAW (877-724-6529) in your cell phone so you will know who to call if you are involved in a personal injury accident.